Some Members of VC-6
Mid-1952 to January 1955
William F. "Bill"
Swegle, firstname.lastname@example.org, who was an Ensign and Lieutenant, j.g., in VC-6 during the period from mid-1952 to January 1955 sent to me 23 January 2004 a partial list of personnel in VC-6 during the time that he was in the squadron. Bill said:
These are names I copied from TAD orders or other documents, or recalled from memory. Many of the documents were carbon copies and difficult to read. Accordingly there may be a few misinterpreted letters in some names. After 50 years there may also be some errors due to my declining memory, especially as to individual assignments.
The list that he sent follows:
- ARMSTRONG, LCDR Robert M.
- BARRY, G.S.
- BATES, CAPT Fred L., Commanding Officer
- CONNOLLY, CAPT T.F., Commanding Officer
- DALE, LT Robert L. (Bob)
- DAVEY, LT Francis H. (Frank)
- DELAWARE, LT Joseph L.
- DEVORE, N.R. ALC
- DOOLEY, LtCol George E., USMC, Executive Officer
- FRITSCH, LT Edward C., Jr.
- GORDON, RELE Ralph L.
- GRANTON, J.H.
- HANSEN, R.J., AD2
- HEISE, LT Fred(erick?) J.
- HODGE, Boyd R.CHMACH
- HODGES, LT Ashley R., Landing Signal Officer
- KIRSCHNER, M.D., AL1
- MC GEE, LT
- MC MASTER, LT Donald W.
- MC VAY, LTJG Kenneth M.
- NELSON, LCDR Robert J.
- NEWMAN, H.F.
- NORTHUP, CWO/ENS.Wilmer R. Jr.(Bill)
- PARADY, LT JAMES THOMAS (Tom), later LCDR and commander of a
fighter squadron at NAS Miramar
- REFO, CDR John F., Executive Officer (USNA, Class of 1940. Biography)
- REESE, L.D., AB1
- SETTE, L.H.
- SHAW, LCDR Frank J.
- SPEASE, R.J.
- STULTZ, CDR Ronald F., O-in-C, VC-6 Det. Able, NAS Atsugi,
and Commanding Officer VC-6, later CAPT and Commanding Officer NAS Lakehurst.
- SWEGLE, William F. (Bill), Air Intelligence and Radar Target Intelligence
- THUDIUM, CDR Ralph M, Executive Officer and O-in-C VC-6 Det Able
- TIMM, LCDR Henry O.
- WEST, LT Ronald R.
- WILSON, James J., Jr.
- WOODSON, LCDR
On November 20, 2004, I received a telephone call from E. Ensworth, who left the Navy in 1952. He had joined VC-5 at Moffett after he left boot camp and then had been a plankowner in VC-6. He moved with VC-6 to Pax and then to Pt. Lyautey. He will be e-mailing me a list of names of additional personnel, and he will be mailing to me some VC-6 photos.
He was a friend of Roy Williams.
Visit my 'Whatever happened to all the Savages?' page.
Visit my Accidents for which I do not know the BuNo page.
Return to my US Navy Page back at my old site.
Kenneth Jennings Wooster
27 Abdallah Avenue
Cortland, NY 13045-3302
File created: January 24, 2004.
File modified: January 24, 2004, November 29, 2004.